Saturday, April 27, 2013

Why do so many people assume that other countries need US consumers to buy their goods to thrive?

Q. Please read all of the details before answering the question and tell me what you think of my own thoughts on the matter please. Thank you.

Because of this, from what I understand, many people assume that countries will have to keep lending money to the US so that the US economy doesn't end up collapsing.

I don't buy into the idea that countries need the US. The US appears to be the consumer in this global system, consumers can be replaced though. If the US doesn't consume, someone else will, there is a ton of demand out there, even if prices have to be lowered or currencies revalued to a higher level.

Question written on March 22, 2009

A. Americans buy a whole lot of things that they don't need.

Kids received mountains of toys on Christmas and birthdays. Many parents would go to a store for regular errands, and if their child was along, they would buy a toy or two. New parents are inundated with baby products, and newly-married couples are given a lot of household goods--many of which they'll never use.

Working at a department store, I have seen parents come in with sheets of computer paper filled with a list of things that the child wants for Christmas. And that is only for one child. The parents would buy everything on that list--at least several hundred dollars worth, but sometimes several thousand dollars worth.

Wedding registries contain large lists of relatively useless items. Items like waffle irons, indoor grills, deep fryers, and fine china will rarely or never be used, but they are almost always purchased.

Baby registries contain large lists of relatively practical items, like cribs and play yards, but also contain a swing AND a bouncer, or an infant car seat AND a convertible infant to toddler car seat, or even a compact stroller AND a full-size one. And many people ignore the registries and buy mountains of baby clothes, all in newborn size, which the child will only fit into long enough to wear each outfit once or twice.

And that's just gift items. We throw out our clothing as soon as it gets a hole, even if the hole is on a seam and easily repaired. We throw out towels, sheets, and underwear the moment it gets stained, even though no one will see the stain but us. We purchase clothing that looks nice on the rack, but horrible on us and that we will never wear. We match our bedding and upholstered furniture to our curtains, walls, and carpet--so if a sofa wears out, we will go out and buy new carpet, draperies and wall paint in addition to a new sofa, loveseat, and chair set so that everything matches.

We always want the best and newest electronics. Every time someone renews their cell phone contract, they get a new cell phone, even if the old one works fine. When flat screen TV's came on the market, people flocked to buy them, even though their old tube TV's still worked fine. People line up to wait to get the newest video game system, even though they already have one that they were happy with until now.

Almost all these things are made in other countries.

We are wasteful to an extent that no one else is. This is what makes us such good consumers. And I honestly can't see people in Europe, where the homes are smaller and the environment is a bigger concern, going out and wasting as much stuff as we do, even if they have the money.


Help with Greek translation needed.?
Q. Hi. We are traveling to Greece with our baby this summer and I need help translating some phrases from English to Greek. These phrases are all related to my baby and when I say 'her' or 'she' it refers to my daughter. Anything in parenthesis is for clarification and does not need to be translated to Greek. I know there are a lot of phrases here, so please translate whichever phrases you can. You can also email me at almasykusnyir@yahoo.com if you prefer. Thanks!

I need to change her clothes.
I need to change her diaper.
Her diaper is dirty.
Where can I change her diaper?
I need to buy diapers.
What size are these diapers?
I don’t know if they (diapers) will fit her.
I need to buy wipes (disposable baby wipes).
She is tired.
She needs to take a nap.
She is asleep.
Please be quiet (because the baby is sleeping).
Please do not wake her.
She is hungry.
I need to feed her.
I did not bring enough food for the baby.
I need to buy food for the baby (baby food / baby formula).
She cannot eat that.
She eats infant formula (baby formula).
She eats baby food (jarred pureed baby food).
I did not breastfeed her (when she was born).
I do not breastfeed her (now).
This is her bottle (baby bottle).
This bottle (baby bottle) is dirty.
I need to clean her bottle (baby bottle).
She wants her pacifier.
I need to clean her pacifier with water.
Her pacifier fell (to the ground).
Can we bring the stroller there?
Is there an elevator?
We will need to carry the stroller up the stairs.
We will need to carry the stroller down the stairs.
I cannot take the stroller there (due to access).
I will carry her (in my arms).
He will carry her (in his arms).
Can you carry her? (in your arms)
Can you hold her for a moment?
Where can I put the stroller?
I do not want to take the baby there.
Is it safe for a baby to go there?
Please be careful (with the baby, ex. to a child who is being too rough with her).
When I was pregnant I was very sick.
I had very severe nausea and vomiting (during pregnancy).
I was sick for the first five months (of the pregnancy).
She was born on 15 August 2009.
She was born at 10:22 pm.
We were excited that she was born on a Greek holiday (15 August).
I had to have a caesarian section (c-section).
My blood pressure became very high so they had to take the baby out right away.
She weighed 2.7 kilograms (when she was born).
She was born a few weeks early.
She was small but healthy (at birth).
She is almost one year old (now).
She weighs 8 kilograms (now).
She does not feel well.
Her teeth hurt (due to teething).
She has a fever.
She will not stop crying.
I do not know why she is crying.
I need medicine for the baby.
I cannot give her aspirin.
Do you have Tylenol for babies?
She has an allergy.
She is too young (for that).
I do not want her to get sunburned.
The baby is too hot (temperature due to weather).
It is too sunny (here) for the baby.
Can we sit in the shade?
She looks like her father.
When she was born she looked exactly like her father.
I do not think she looks like me.
She does not have much hair yet.
It will grow eventually (her hair).
My mother died on 22 February 2010.
She will not remember her grandmother.
My mother was very excited to have a grandchild.
My father loves her very much (the baby).
He (grandfather) buys many clothes and toys for her (the baby).
We want to have another baby soon.
I would like to have another girl, but a boy would be fun too.
We would like to have 2 or 3 children.
Many of our friends have babies and young children.
She will have many friends to play with when she is older.
She will not remember this visit to Greece but we will have photographs to show her.
We will bring her back to Greece in a few years.
On our next visit to Greece we will probably have another baby.
This is her bedroom (being shown in a photograph).
Her bedroom walls are painted purple (being shown in a photograph).
We are traveling with a baby.
She must sit in her car seat.
We cannot move the car seat.
She cannot sit on your lap (during a car ride).
Please write in Greek text, not English letters. Thank you so much for your assistance with this project whether you translate one phrase or more!!!

A. I need to change her clothes.
Πρέπει να αλλάξω τα ρούχα της.

I need to change her diaper.
Πρέπει να αλλάξω πάνα της.

Her diaper is dirty.
Πάνα της είναι βρώμικο.

Where can I change her diaper?
Πού μπορώ να αλλάξω πάνα της;

I need to buy diapers.
Πρέπει να αγοράσω πάνες.

What size are these diapers?
Τι μέγεθος είναι οι πάνες;

Disposable diapers.
Πάνες μιας χρήσης

Those diapers are not her size.
Αυτές οι πάνες δεν είναι το μέγεθος της.

I need to buy wipes (disposable baby wipes).
Πρέπει να αγοράσω πετσετάκια μωρών.

She is tired.
Είναι κουρασμένη.

She needs to take a nap.
Χρειάζεται να πάρω έναν υπνάκο

She is asleep.
Κοιμάται.

She is hungry.
Είναι πεινασμένος


I need to feed her.
Θέλω να την τροφή.

I did not bring enough food for the baby.
Εγώ δεν φέρνει αρκετή τροφή για το μωρό.

I need to buy food for the baby (baby food / baby formula).
Πρέπει να αγοράσω τροφή για το μωρό.

She cannot eat that.
Δεν μπορεί να φάει αυτό.

She eats infant formula (baby formula).
Τρώει τύπος μωρό.

She eats baby food (jarred pureed baby food).
Τρώει βάζα παιδικές τροφές.

I do not breastfeed her (now).
Εγώ δεν θηλάζουν της.

This is her bottle (baby bottle).
Αυτό είναι το μπουκάλι της.

This bottle (baby bottle) is dirty.
Αυτό το μπουκάλι είναι βρώμικο.

I need to clean her bottle (baby bottle).
Θα πρέπει να πλένετε το μπουκάλι.

Can we bring the stroller there?
Μπορούμε να φέρουμε το καρότσι;

We will need to carry the stroller up the stairs.
Πρέπει να φέρουν το καρότσι μέχρι τις σκάλες.

We will need to carry the stroller down the stairs.
Πρέπει να φέρουν το πορτ μπεμπέ κάτω από τις σκάλες.


Is there an elevator?
Είναι ένα ασανσέρ εκεί;

I cannot take the stroller there (due to access).
Δεν μπορώ να πάρω το καρότσι εκεί.

I will carry her (in my arms).
Θα την φέρει.

He will carry her (in his arms).
Αυτός θα την φέρει.

Can you carry her? (in your arms)
Μπορείς να μεταφέρουν αυτήν;

Can you hold her for a moment?
Μπορείς να την κρατήσουν για λίγο;

Where can I put the stroller?
Πού μπορώ να τοποθετήσω το καρότσι;

I do not want to bring the baby there.
Δεν θέλω να φέρουν το μωρό εκεί.

When I was pregnant I was very sick.
Ήμουν πολύ άρρωστος όταν ήμουν έγκυος.

Severe nausea and vomiting.
Σοβαρή ναυτία και έμετο.

I was sick for the first five months (of the pregnancy).
Ήμουν άρρωστος κάθε μέρα για τους πρώτους πέντε μήνες της εγκυμοσύνης.

She was born on 15 August 2009.
Γεννήθηκε στις 15 Αυγούστου 2009.

She was born at 10:22 pm.
Γεννήθηκε στις 10:22 το βράδυ.

We were excited that she was born on a Greek holiday (15 August).
Ήμασταν ενθουσιασμένοι που γεννήθηκε σε ένα ελληνικό διακοπές.

I had to have a caesarian section (c-section).
Μου δόθηκε μια καισαρική τομή.

My blood pressure became very high so they had to take the baby out right away.
αρτηριακή πίεση μου έγινε πολύ υψηλό. Οι γιατροί χρειάστηκε να αφαιρέσετε το μωρό αμέσως.

She weighed 2.7 kilograms (when she was born).
Ζύγιζε 2,7 κιλά

She was born a few weeks early.
Γεννήθηκε τρεις εβδομάδες νωρίτερα.

She was small but healthy (at birth).
Ήταν πολύ μικρό, αλλά υγιή.

She is almost one year old (now).
Είναι σχεδόν ενός έτους.

She weighs 8 kilograms (now).
Έχει ζυγίζει 8 κιλά.

She does not feel well.
Δεν αισθάνεται καλά.

Her teeth hurt (due to teething).
Έχει πόνο στο στόμα της.

She is teething.
Είναι οδοντοφυΐας.

She has a fever.
Έχει πυρετό.

She will not stop crying.
Δεν θα σταματήσει να κλαίει.


Am I just bias or is my child a prodigy?
Q. She was born June 18, 2009 so she is about 14 months, and today she made a rhythm. She has a rattle and a pin head toy and she was making a rhythm and repeating it and dancing to it. It was like (chooka = rattle) (chood= Pinhead)

Chooka Chooka Chood Chood Chood Chooka Chooka Chood Chood Chood Chooka Chooka Chood Chood Chood Chooka Chooka Chood Chood Chood Chooka Chooka Chood Chood Chood

Then when she saw me watching with my mouth open wide she stopped and smiled at me.
Opps thanks..... someone commented I made a typo her birthday is Aug. 18, 200(8) making her 14 months old.
You all are just haters, she may not be a prodigy thats a little extreme, but this is a talent not a fluke because she saw how intrigued I was at what she was doing, now she is making beats with everything.

I believe its in her blood her grandfather is a famous composer in Venezuela and her father is a musician/guitarist. She has been around music since she was in the womb, mostly instrumental rock due to her father composing guitar pieces.

I believe now that we see she has interest in it we will just support her in what makes her happy and we will see where this takes her.
You never know !!!!!!!!

But I do know still water Stagnates.

A. Ignore all the rude people. I think they may be jealous!
Yes, research shows that kids exposed to music in womb and as an infant can actually improve intelligence. This goes for reading to baby's in the womb too.

Sounds like you may have a little musician. Yes, baby's make noises but not all have rhythm. I always hear about famous singers talk about how they started singing or playing an instrument at a very young age.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment