Tuesday, June 10, 2014

I need likes/ dislikes for a 9 month old infant.?




Yaz Manits


I'm doing a project on a 9 month old and I need to know examples of food like/dislikes and what kind of toys they play with. I don't think they are still bottle fed at this time are they? (please forgive me, obviously I have yet to bare children lol) and what kind of activities do they enjoy doing?


Answer
Most babies actually do have bottles at 9 months, but it really depends on the parents. Most parents will keep the bottle until closer to their first birthday, while others don't use a bottle at all (breast feeding).

A 9 month old should still be breastfeeding, if that's how the parents started. They are most likely still eating rice cereal, and jarred baby foods. Definitely eating most fruits and vegetables, and possibly starting with some meats (depending on the parents and paediatrician). They probably eat some finger foods, like Cheerios and Mum-Mums.

As for toys, they would be playing with interactive toys (lots of buttons and lights and such), cloth books, or riding toys/push toys.

At 9 months, a baby is probably crawling, and may have started to use furniture to pull him/herself into a standing position. The baby is also probably teething, and (depending on the parents) will use a teething ring, infant Tylenol/Advil, Baby Orajel, or a combination of the three.

toys for infants?




leigh_ann_


I went to target today to find a toy for my 5 week old, but I dont know what kind of toy to get her. I know they say to get ones that are black and white and maybe red. I thought about getting her the floor gyms but they are $30-50, would it be good to get it for her now or should I wait until shes a little bit older? I just feel like shes bored.. i know i know dumb feeling....
another weird thing that just came to me-do you think babys are affraid of the dark? I know that they where in the dark for 9 months but now that they are out in the real world could it happen? I have noticed that when she is fussy at night and shes laying on my chest she wines a little bit but when i put on our light on low she falls asleep pretty fast.. so am I crazy or could she be affraid of the dark??



Answer
The floor gyms are actually better now then later. The reasoning for this is that once they start moving around they won't use it as much, I started using one when she was a month old and had her do her "tummy time" on it and what not. Other toys or things to buy that I would recommend is soft books because it is an easy way for you to interact with her but she can also play with it on her own. Anything else like the soft blocks, or soft rattles, etc. Babies at this age don't actually play with too much but if you want to have these things around for when she does its easier than running out and buying it all at once.

As for being scared of the dark, my daughter is just over a year now and still sleeps with a soft light on in the hall outside of her room. she never slept in the complete dark without crying!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment