Thursday, April 24, 2014

Twins are 6 months and still not sitting!?

Q. I have identical twin boys. Their due date was October 25, 2009 but instead they were born Oct 5. I am getting a little concerned because they are not rolling or sitting yet. When I go to sit them on their own [I put their hands in between their legs so that they can balance on themselves, if that makes since]. They MIGHT stay up for 1 sec, but they either end up leaning all the way forward [looking uncomfortable] or lean off to one of their sides. I know all babies are different but I was really thinking that 6 months I would have it a little easier as far as having to hold them all the time, I figure they would be nearing the early crawling stages by now. Never the less is there anything that i can do to "help" the learn to balance while sitting, or strengthen their backs. They have their 6 month check up next week, i just wanted to hear stories for several different parents.


Answer
My son turned 6 months last Saturday. He just rolled over for the first time Wednesday, and has done it about 40 times since then. He sits pretty well, I still put a boppy behind him to be safe because he will have his tumbles when he reaches for a toy.
I think its completely average. Bases on everything you read, especially on here you start to wonder if your child is behind.
Im a teacher in the infant room at daycare. There are 3, 6 month olds at work (one being mine)
Neither besides my son is CLOSE to sitting up what so ever.
1 of them rolled over when around 5 months, but has only done it a handle of times, seems more accidental.

Can you give me some ideas about my toy project?




Rock


Can you give me some ideas about my toy project?
I have to design a children's toy. I have to choose an age group, such as infant, 2-5 years, 6-8 years, 8-12 years, 13-14 years etc.
I have to be sure the toy is safe. It has to be a toy that nobody invented yet. The has to be safe as well. I have to make a toy that is enjoyable and also the child has to gain knowledge out of that. For example: My teacher showed me others toys that designed other people. One people drew a bus and on the bus, he put the alphabets. His illistration was-- if you press the buttons with a, b, c, it will say a and it will like it will shine, like you will be able to see light .

Now can you give me an idea, what could I design and how?.
Please help. I know some of my writing you will not undersatnd thats because I am new and I am learning english.
Please help me!!



Answer
i interned at a preschool for 5 months. ages varied from 3-6
there was no plastic toys there everything came from nature.
and the kids enjoyed playing with them.
from what i know abou child development, you should never really give a child a plastic toy because i prevents them from developing touch because plastic always feels the same. children like to feel if things are smooth or sharp, or the grooves of tree bark.
maybe that doesnt help but try to make something that kids can feel and determine whats going on. it is educational and enjoyable.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment