Friday, April 4, 2014

Anyone drive a 4-door car with 2 car seats?




in wit


How do your carseats fit? We are thinking about ttc sometime next year and right now I drive a 2007 Mazda 3. It will be paid off in April 2011. We don't want to trade it in until its paid off, but if we can get 2 car seats to fit in there, then we won't have to get a new car right away and I like the idea if not having to pay a car loan for awhile.

Right now DD is in a Recaro Signo that is in the middle. I also have a Combi infant seat that we used to have in the middle. My hubby is tall and if we put the Recaro in back of the driver seat, he won't be able to drive unless he drives really squished against the wheel. I am wondering if it would fit with the infant seat rear facing in hte middle and the Recaro in back of the passenger. I havent tried it yet. I guess if I have to, I would rather but narrower car seats then have to buy a new car



Answer
we are getting ready to have this same dilemma. I am going to have to put my sons convertible carseat behind the driver. Bc my husband has to have the seat back further. The infant seat in (less than 5 wks) is going behind the passenger side seat. This is only way we can fit in our 4 door explorer. I wish I had two middle seats bc I would feel much better about where my boys are seated. I havent really seen to many ppl try and put infant seat and convertible car seat right next to each other. You can try and see if they are safely installed that way. Im just afraid my toddler might try to hit or throw one of his toys in the baby seat if hes that close to his brother.

Baby registry and purchases before your baby shower?




Married an


I have not started my registry nor do I plan to until probably around Thanksgiving time. I am just curious what everyone bought before their showers. I am a big CraigsList surfer but haven't purchased much yet. I think you can find great stuff on there for fractions of the price. I was thinking I would buy used a video baby monitor, cloth diapers (to find my preferred type/brand) and dresser and crib set (once I check out the recalls, etc). I have also been given a bunch of stuff from my sister in law like bouncy chairs, bassinettes, infant swing, clothing, baby tub, stroller & carseat (not sure about it's safety rating though) and a bunch of other stuff I have no idea what it is.

What is left for my baby registry?

Baby #1 due February 1, 2011 and shower is only 2 weeks before the due date!
Having the shower so close because that's when my sister (has time and) offered to have it for me. I would prefer to have it after the baby is born that way out of town people could meet the baby and we don't know what we're having yet!



Answer
Well, i have a 7month old and i'm still finding things i need. I suggest getting some sort of toybox/storage system...i really like those cubbies and fabric bins. you won't really need it for a while, but i'm already tripping over all her toys! a hamper. i have a little 3drawer plastic office organizer for her headbands and clips, it's nice for little odds and ends. I agree with a previous comment, it's better to buy a new carseat if you are able to. A soft lamp, so when you go in to feed/change/check on baby you won't wake them up too much. you'll need a finger nail clipper. again, i agree w a previous person...a diaper warmer isn't necessary, just hold it in your hand for a minute. blankets, lots of socks (they always go missing) pacifiers and a CLIP, don't forget a clip to attach it to the baby or car seat. one little gadget i was given, and loved was this timer (from babiesRus or target i think) it has a few timers for last diaper change, feeding, medicine administration, how long they've been asleep. it helped me alot in the beginning to wake her up for her feedings instead of letting her sleep thru them.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment