Wednesday, December 25, 2013

What things do you do to keep your infant entertained?

best way to clean infant toys
 on Amazon.com: Teddy Needs A Bath! The Best Way to Clean Stuffed Toys ...
best way to clean infant toys image



babygirl4u


Just looking for different ideas you do to keep your infant entertained. Mine can't sit up by self yet. Best ideas gets 10 points.


Answer
My girls were always very happy if I just carried them around and talked to them about whatever I was doing. We went on walks, trips to the mall and grocery store, and just moved around the house cleaning and doing laundry. My younger daughter loved being carried in a sling, and I wish I'd had one when my older daughter was a baby. My older daughter did like the stroller a lot, though.

My older daughter loved her bouncy seat, and when she was 4 months old, I started putting her in her exersaucer, which was her very favorite toy. She also loved listening to books. I could hold her on my lap and read to her for a very long time.

My younger daughter loved the swing. She also loved just being on the floor in the middle of the room and watching everything around her -- her big sister, the cats, etc.

Both girls loved being outside -- just feeling the breeze on their faces, hearing the sounds, and watching the leaves rustle on the trees.

I sang to my daughters a lot, too -- lullabies, nursery rhymes, pop songs, made-up songs, whatever I was in the mood to sing and whatever they seemed interested in hearing.

I looked them in the eye and talked directly to them. I'd identify their body parts (eyes, nose, mouth, hands, tummy, feet, knees, toes) as I touched them. I'd use hand motions to sing songs, or I'd let them watch me count on my fingers.

I'd hold up various toys and see which ones interested them. If they wanted to hold or touch something, I gave them the toy or let them feel it.

Most of the things that keep an infant entertained are interactive. Your baby wants to see your face, snuggle up to you, and hear your voice. He or she will play with some toys, but most of that will come a little later -- after sitting.

Hope this gives you a few more ideas!

What is the best way to clean soft baby toys?




J.M.


Just wondering, what do you find is the best way to clean those soft cloth baby toys that have crinkles or noise makers inside, so you can't put them in the washing machine?


Answer
I used to work in an infant room in a daycare center and DHS regulations had us spray the toys with diluted bleach...take a clean spray bottle and fill it full of water then add one table spoon of bleach to it. Spray the toys over the sink and let air dry. If there are stains on them you are trying to remove, you can simply take a little bit of laundry detergent and rub it on the stain and then rinse it.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment