Friday, November 29, 2013

I am wondering what can I do to help my daughter learn how to walk?

best infant walking toys
 on Playskool Step Start Walk 'n Ride - Colors May Vary
best infant walking toys image



Opal T


She just turned one year old last week. She pulls up on things and i take her walking while i hold her hands. Is there anything else I can do?


Answer
She'll walk when she is ready, but in the mean time, you can get those little push toys where she can hold on to and walk with them as she is pushing, massage legs, feet circulate the blood get it flowing... You can have her hold on to your fingers to practice walking... the options are endless... I say be as active as possible but also enjoy this time where you are not having to chase after her, and let her be an infant/toddler as Long as possible... enjoy it, raising a child is beautiful, don't rush it observe and enjoy it.

What age did you move your kiddo from the baby bath to the real bath?




Rose Arizo


My 16-month old still uses the infant-toddler bath, and I like it because it contains him a little better, it's cleaner, and doesn't use as much water. He seems like he's getting a little cramped though, so I'm just wondering at what age others transfer to the big tub for baths.


Answer
This is a preference thing much more than anything else. As soon as you or he is ready, go for it! And at 16 months he can sit up, and should be walking so no fear of him sliding into the water readily. If he and you are ready switch, and if you're worried that he may not like it, let him splash more with the bubbles, maybe try a new boat toy. Something new that he can associate with switching to the bigger bath, to make it more fun and an easier switch.
Myself, I never used a baby bath, just the bath tub itself, I started out climbing in with my daughter and holding her while i bathed her and let her kick and splash and it became easier when she could sit up and play more. Then at a year we introduced the shower-head for more fun! And it's worked great, my daughter takes both baths and showers since the age of 3, now at 5 she cleans better than my husband some days :)
{Try the tub-stickers, the ones you put on the bottom of the shower to give more grib when you stand. They even come in cute fishy designs, so slipping is less of a worry as well. They should give you more confidence in letting him sit up and play in the big tub.}
Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment