Thursday, August 1, 2013

What are some good educational toys for a 2 year old girl?

best infant toys 2 months
 on Baby Gifts 6-9 months, Best Baby gifts for babies 6 7 8 9 months.
best infant toys 2 months image



Cmeyer


My daughter is going to be two in May. I am wondering what would be some good educational toys for her. I have been looking but most of what I have been seeing is for infants and toys that she would get bored of. She likes things that make noise. Right now she is into drawing and organizing. She likes pushing things around. She is really into baby dolls right now. I got her one and some accessories to go with. I am just wondering what educational. I a curious what your child at this age likes or liked and also what are some toys to avoid? Thanks!


Answer
I would recommend anything Leapfrog. A couple that come to mind are the Leapfrog Fridge Phonics Magnetic Letter Set and the Leapfrog Alphabet Explorer. Here is a link to all Leapfrog toys that are appropriate for a 2 year old-
http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kw=leapfrog&f=Taxonomy%2FTRUS%2F2254197&f=PAD%2FTRU+Age+Filter%2F2+Years&fbc=1&fbn=TRU+Age+Filter%7C2+Years

Vtech also makes a toddler laptop. I don't have it but it looks like it got good reviews and it would be educational-
http://www.amazon.com/VTech-Infant-Learning-Friends-Toddler/dp/B0027CS7F4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1269711342&sr=8-1
I believe it is for ages 18 months to 3 years.

My son likes his Little People Animal Sounds Farm. I would recommend that highly. Great for learning animal sounds and names and for speech (saying in, out, up, down).
http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Little-People-Animal-Sounds/dp/B000EQGT00/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1269711459&sr=1-1

Is there a such thing as spoiling a infant?




Nydia L


My son will be 2 months on August 8th and my grandmother tells me that if i continue to hold him allday that he will become more spoiled. He does cry when he is put down and yes as soon as me or my husband picks him up he stops. She also says that when i put him in daycare next month that its going to be hard because he is going to be used to someone holding him.


Answer
It's an old wives tale that you can spoil an infant. Babies don't cry to manipulate, they cry to communicate.

When your son cries he is telling you that he is scared, uncomfortable, or unsure of how to handle this strange world when he is used to being in a dark warm place all cuddled up. When you pick him up he learns that he can trust you to care for him, which is the beginning of forming your relationship with your son that will carry over into discipline and other parts of his future.

He is still so little that he can't self-entertain when he is put down. As he gets older (closer to 3 months and up) he will be more interested in the world around him and probably won't want to be picked up as often.

One month makes a big difference. Don't worry about things you can't forsee. A month ago my 3 month old wanted to be held all the time. Now he can lay for periods of time looking at his playmat toys or in a swing with a mobile or just on the ground looking around.

One thing I do recommend is to have a cool and calm demeanor when picking him up or he will sense that being away from you should cause anxiety.

I had a baby like that and I bought my daycare provider a carrier (I recommend ergobaby) to use in case she needed to carry him around while doing other things. I included the link just in case.

Hope that helps. I think you are doing a great job.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment