Tuesday, July 30, 2013

How to give your baby a well-rounded life right from the start? What should be a part of it?

best infant activity toys
 on Best Play Saucers for Baby - Top Baby ExerSaucers and Stationary Play ...
best infant activity toys image



DudeWhat


I've heard all about "Mommy & Me" play-dates, swimming with infants, etc. Basically, I want my future child to have the best childhood I can give them. What should I get them involved in and at what ages? Does anyone have a detailed kid-raising manuscript about their experiences, regrets, etc?


Answer
This is from the child's perspective.

I had an absolutely wonderful childhood. The key to this was my beautiful mother who knew just what to do the entire seventeen years of my life. The most important things from my experience:

-Be genuinely interested in your child's life. Develop that confidentiality, almost like you were the big sister and not the mum. This will ensure an honest relationship, and in turn a more loving one.
-FUN! A sense of fun is the most important part of childhood, as it develops a child's imagination. This doesn't mean necessarily buying them lots of toys, it could just mean having an amazing playground in your backyard, letting them climb trees (little scrapes aren't worth saying no), giving them green cordial, anything! Be imaginative.
-Don't put pressure on them to perform from a young age. Always support them in any of their endeavors. But remember, be honest. If you think something's a bad idea, tell them diplomatically.
-Nurture their talents! Your child is an awesome dancer? Put him into ballet classes! Make sure there is one extracurricular activity after school, that your child does at least once a week. This develops a sense of identity in your child, knowing that they are good at something.
-Don't fight with your partner in front of your child. The only thing that would have made my childhood better would be that I never saw my mum and dad fight. It has a really scarring effect, and can make the child feel split in half. If you are experiencing trouble with your partner, make sure you argue only when the child is not around i.e. at school. Always keep a pleasant atmosphere in the house.
-Teach your child to read at a very early age. This is very important.
- Be involved in your child's social life from a young age. Host slumber parties, allow friends to come over and encourage your child to have an outgoing, friendly personality!
-Ultimately, bring your child up with Christian values. That is; be kind to others, nurture your spirituality.
-Keep your child close to nature, don't buy her/him thousands of video games, let the child play and explore in nature. This is really important, with the constant advancement of technology in mind.

Best of luck!
xx

What are some activities I can do with my bored 2 year old?




Mommy of 2


I'm a stay at home Mom with an infant and a 2.25 year old. She has plenty of toys but gets bored and acts out. We usually read books and play with playdough. She likes to watch Nick Jr shows, but I don't want her watching TV all day. What are some fun, fairly easy, and fairly cheap (or free!) activities I can do with her to help her have fun during the day?


Answer
color with crayons and markers (washable)

paint with washable paint (I put my toddler in her high chair for art)

play with play food

take a bath to just play

go to the park

go to Mc Donalds playland just be sure to bring antibacterial wipes

free storytimes/workshops at the library

an indoor gym place with $5 or so freeplay

take a ball to the park and just let her run around

dance to music

play dress up

have her "help" with laundry

have her "help" with dusting

draw with sidewalk chalk and blow bubbles

play shape searchers and look for shapes around the house

make sock puppets or paper bag puppets

Hope I helped. I have an almost 2 1/2 year old and I'm a SAHM too. It can get boring but the key is to stay busy if you can. Get out of the house at least once a day even if it's just for a walk.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment