Thursday, April 18, 2013

What type of activity gear is my daughter ready for?

Q. My daughter is 4 and 1/2 months old and I recently set up her exersaucer. She seems excited by it at first when I put her in it but it only keeps her entertained for about 10 minutes. I was wondering if I should get her one of the jumpers and wanted to know when other people started using the jumper. Also, what other types of activity gear is good for an almost 5 month old infant. Thanks :)

A. The activity center is good. I have a jumperoo for my daughter, and she loves it...I started her in it at about 4 1/2 mos. One thing to remember is that children have short attention spans, so changing things up often is important. I have also put her on the floor with toys around her to practice reaching and rolling. Another good place is sitting in the highchair with some toys for a little while. No matter where you put them, don't ignore...interact, as we are the best teachers/toys of all...


How soon after your baby learned to crawl and cruise did he/she start walking?
Q. My daughter learned to crawl around 8 1/2-9 months. Within a day she was pulling herself up and within a couple days cruising. Now she's 10months old and cruises pretty good.

Just wondering after your baby learned all these tricks did they learn to walk??

I do realize she will when she's ready and that there is a wide variety of normal for all infants. :)

A. My daughter started to crawl 6 days after she turned 6 months. She then started to pull up just before she turned 7 months and was cruising really well at 8 months. I was sure she was going to be walking at 9 months, but she didn't! She just wouldn't let go - didn't feel comfortable. She did not start walking independently until 11 1/2 months. When she did start walking thought she walked well. She is a year old now and is walking really well and fast! She also squats to pick up toys and stands back up with no problems.


How much do you spend on Christmas gifts?
Q. I was wondering. I use to spend up to $10 on each family member when I was younger because I didn't have a job and I used my allowance when I was a child. Now I both my husband and I got good paying jobs and since I got custody of my 7 year old niece I spent about $500 on her because she never had a Christmas when she lived with my sister who's now in prison. I spent around $500 on my mom and dad which is $200 each. I have a 2 month old son and I didn't spend as much on him as my niece because he's an infant but I spent around $200 on him but I'll probably spend a lot more on him when he gets older. I spent at least $400 this year on my husband well for both Christmas and birthday gift because my husband's birthday is on Christmas day. I spent more money now than what I did when I was younger. I spent less than $30 on other family members though because I don't see them that much anyways and they don't really care what I got them, I didn't get my sister anything because I'm disappointed in her because of her lifestyle full of drugs and violence and she neglected her child. Oh and I also donate some money to charities every Christmas as well like I drop the $50 inside of a Salvation Army Kettle recently. Just wondering how much do you spend on Christmas gifts each year. Also, do you donate to Christmas charities as well or not?

A. I spent around $450. I had 10 family members to shop for. But 3 are babies under the age of one so I dident buy much for them. I normally spend 50 bucks a person but cut back a tad bc I quit my job recently to be a stay at home mom and now only have my hubbys salary to live on. I don't donate usually. I'll buy a gift for the toy drive but thats it.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment