Sunday, May 4, 2014

What are some activity lesson plans for infants?




Lucille


what are some ideas for activity lesson plans for infants up to 12 months that would cover the cognitive development?


Answer
oh yes...lesson plans for infants...this is a current trend in Early Head Start Program.

this is fairly simple it is activities that are developmentallyappropriate for their age and stage...it is based on observations..

for example you might observe a young infant beginning to track object with their eyes...so your lesson plan would be tracking objects and you may set up a mobil....or hold a small toy..you are writing different method to promote tracking

it is a little too much in infant land...but in some cases the children are not getting any stimulation at home and need these enriching opportunities.

good luck

relax and vote for a best answer

Putting infants in daycare?




Baby Boy d


I recently found out I'm pregnant, unfortunately, I just moved from home (MI) to Texas so I have no friends or family here. When it comes time for me to go back to work after having the baby, I'm realizing I'll most likely have to put he/she in daycare at around 6 weeks! this kind of scares me and idk how well I'll handle this. It seems kind of young, any good/bad experiences or advice with putting your infant in daycare?


Answer
Given that both my husband and I work full time, as do our respective parents, day care was our option for child care. My son was 7 weeks old when I returned to work.

It's hard. It really is. I wish there was something I could say that would make it easier on you, but the truth is, it's hard. I cried every morning for the first three weeks. But it gets easier.

Here's some battle tested advice I can offer you that helped me, though.

Start looking NOW at centers. Keep your eyes and ears open. Do they welcome drop-in visitations, or do you have to schedule an appointment to tour the center. For me personally, I ruled out the centers that scheduled appointments late in the day, when there weren't as many kids there. My preference was towards the ones that said "come on in and see what happens in real time. If all the kids are crying, they're crying and you can see how we handle it!" Vist several, and get yourself on at least two waiting lists (so you're guaranteed a spot!). Just observe what goes on. Talk to the teachers. Ask them anything that comes to your head - but some good questions to ask are how they maintain their infant-teacher ratio, how often they change diapers, and how they are with following YOUR routine -- I looked at a daycare that had a curriculum for their infants. (Ummm....they're under one! How do you get infants to stick to a curriculum?!). Look at the teachers' interaction with the babies - do they get lots of floor time? Do they interact with the babies, or are they just stuck in bouncy seats all day? Are there lots of toys and plenty of room to explore?

If you CAN find a center that's fairly close to where you work - Go visit your LO on your lunch hour. It makes the day seem shorter. (I did it for four months!) Even if s/he's sleeping, scoop 'em up and snuggle. It helps.

Overall, I'm happy my son is in day care. He gets lots of interaction with new people, he gets lots of stimulation and things to explore, he LOVES his teachers and has really started to enjoy interacting with the other babies.

You know, people will tell you "OMG THE GERMS!" and make you feel bad. Here's the thing - colds & other viruses are airborne - they're inevitable, and you can't live in a bubble. My son has had about four colds - he's fine. He can either get his colds now and build his immune system, or he can catch every bug on the planet when he starts preschool or school. (There's also emerging research to back this up - studies are starting to indicate that infants exposed to group care before 12 weeks old have better immune systems). He's also happy to be out and around people in stores, restaurants, etc. because he's used to commotion, and he doesn't need dead silence to fall asleep. So overall, it's been a good experience for us. Would I rather be a SAHM? Of course I would! But work is the reality we're faced with, and we're making the best of it!!

Best of luck to you!!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment