Saturday, March 22, 2014

How to disinfect infants toys?




Suri


I have an underground storage space where I live in Italy. It's quite damp and very dusty there. I've stored toys there from when my kids were little.I'd like to pass on these toys to my grandchildren. The toys have been there for probably 17 years. Is there a way of safely disinfecting the infant toys that will go into baby's mouth or should i throw them out? They were stored in a closed bag and then in a box. Most are hard plastic ,but a couple are stuffed.


Answer
You can definitely disinfect the toys. You just need to get a surface wipe (they have them at most supermarkets) get a surface wipe and wipe the toys clean. If they were in closed bags, they should be fine with a little bit of cleaning. Give them to your grandchildren after you clean them, they'll love them!

Toys for infant?




cj2004


I need some ideas on toys for my son who is 4 1/2 months old. I stay at home with him and he gets lots of attention. But there are moments I need to do something. Like right now I've been trying to get ready to go to the store and he's just whining. He's in his exersaucer with a baby video in. Nothing keeps his attention for any length of time, even a few minutes. I know part of it is his age. Is there anything that has worked for anyone or am I just going to have to deal until he learns to play better with age (and when does that happen)?


Answer
Get the Baby Einstein Baby Mozart, Beethoven, etc. DVD or videos. My daughter is now 8 months, and she STILL will sit there for at least an hour and watch the pictures and listen to the music. It's AMAZING how much she loves it.

Also, LAMAZE toys are terrific, especially for children your sons age that are starting to play with toys more with their hands. They are very colorful, and normally make some sort of noise. You can get them at places like Babies R Us, Kohls, Toys R Us, etc.

Also, I got a vibrating rocker chair from Fischer Price that has a detachable toy arch. It has a cow/farm theme. She has loved that chair pretty much since birth. She naps in it, plays in it, and it's wonderful!!!

Finally, anything with a mirror in it. Look for activing chairs or gyms that have mirrored things on them. My baby now likes to have conversations with herself! lol!

Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment