Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Let me reword, what kind of toys to buy a 6 month old baby?




Tristens M


I just want to know what kind of toys, what toys you would buy a 6 month old baby? People are saying they wont know the difference for Christmas, and I understand that, but since I dont have a lot of money, this is the one time of year I will be able to buy my daughter some toys, so what kind should I get?


Answer
My daughter will be 5 1/2 month by christmas, so almost 6 months. I plan to buy her for toys:
---Baby Einstein "Push and pull toys" I can attach to her play mat----they have a lot of these at Target or walmart for affordable prices
----A couple of "Pat The bunny" type children's books---probably I'll get them at Barnes and Noble in the children's section. My daughter loves it when I read to her.
---some toys that squeak like rubber duckies etc.
---I'm considering getting a new mobile thing for her crib that hangs, this one I saw at Target plays music and is very decorative looking.
----a touch toy---something that when you touch it, it lights up and makes sounds, I'm not sure which one yet, but I'm thinking of the phone one for her.

I already have one of these, but you could also buy her a colorful "stacker" those pyramid-shaped things with colorful rings on them (I think thats what theyre called)---at walgreen's they have one that lights up when you touch them and plays music. It says 6 mons plus on it.


My dad already said he's going to get me an exersaucer for her. also another tip. maybe this sounds tacky, but when ppl ask me what I want for christmas, I say something for my daughter instead lol. like my mom asked what I wanted and I said an umbrella stroller lol.

what are some thinga/toys your baby had between the age if 6-12 months?




blush


my baby is 7 months and he has a few things, like a play mat with hanging animals that makes noises and sings, los of toys, a walker..
what type of things did you havee for your baby to help him/her start to crawl or pull himself up or just for fun that they loved?
thanx!



Answer
Hi

Toys that make music or any form of noise are favorites of babies. Toys with contrasting colors are really interestng to babies and help to stimulate the development of their vision. As they grow, infants use toys to explore object permanence and cause and effect relationships. They also need objects such as blocks to help them build motor skills and hand-eye coordination.

Have a look at the links in my source box which may give you some ideas

Take care

Paul




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment