Saturday, April 12, 2014

Is it okay to buy the wooden blocks?




Momm


My son is 9 months old and he loves to play with those small cardboard books and some plastic shape toys. I was thinking a great toy for him would be the wooden blocks with letters and numbers carved in them. I went to the store today and found some but they said ages 3+.
I really couldn't think of a reason for this. They are WAY too big for him to get the whole thing in his mouth so I cant see a choking hazard. It said the paint was nontoxic and it doesn't chip.. what gives?

Do you have any wooden toys for your infant? I feel like I'm missing something here... is there something bad about letting a baby play with wooden toys? Everything in the store that was wooden had ages 2 or 3 and up on it.

thx.



Answer
I agree with the other answerers :) Wooden blocks make great toys for babies... my baby sister does try to eat hers, but it hasn't hurt her lol. I think they're probably 3 and up because they have letters and numbers on them. By the way, simple toys like blocks are FABULOUS at almost any age because they encourage creativity! Most kids love simple toys that they can really use their imaginations with. Complex toys that are overly designed lose a kid's interest after a while because they're too obvious...

How stable is personality in infants?




Straight P





Answer
It is always unstable. Their mind changes frequently. Because they are innocent. For them even a small wooden toy is precious. They do not know how to distinguish valuables like Gold or silver with ordinary wooden toys.

They may leave the golden toy and only prefer the cheap wooden one.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment