Friday, June 21, 2013

What do you think of this babysitting ad on craigslist?

best outdoor infant toys
 on Funny Kids Toys: Great Summer Outdoor Toys For the Kids
best outdoor infant toys image



Cynthia Pe


Hi, my name is XXXXX and I am a dependable, responsible, fun-loving stay-at-home mom and have over 15 years of childcare giving experience! I live in XXXXXXXXXX and would love to provide care for your precious infant and/or preschooler in my home!

I have several excellent references from past and present families whom I have worked for plus a clean background check which I am more than happy to send you!

I am available any time Monday through Friday, and possibly weekends!

I also provide all meals, snacks and drinks at no additional cost!

We have snack times, lots of toys, games, puzzles, books, a swing set and plenty of outdoor play!!

Please feel free to e-mail or call me if this is something you would like to discuss or if you would like to meet me and/or visit my home. :) Looking forward to hearing from you!!
(XXX)-XXX-XXXX


I charge only $125.00/wk for full-time care(40-50 hrs.), OR $4.00/hr for part-time care(no more than $25.00/day), with discounts offered for multiple siblings!

Babysitting and nannying is what I love to do and it's what I do best!

Here is a little about myself and my experiences:

I have worked as a caregiver in the Infant and Toddler Rooms at DayStar Christian Academy.
I have worked full-time for multiple families with in-home care, which have included triplets and those with special needs.
I am a featured sitter on sittercity.com and care.com.
I have also received my Certified Nurse Assistant license, specializing in Pediatrics, where I became First-Aid and CPR certified.
I am currently the Nursery Director at our church (and also five previous ones!)

My two primary goals for all children in my care is safety and fun! I sincerely enjoy not only caring for children, but also engaging in activities with each individual child and spending time with them as well. I always put a big effort into ensuring the children I care for are both safe and enjoying themselves.

I don't encourage spending much time watching TV or for the little ones to be laying down by themselves, but prefer playing interactive games and providing exciting learning experiences! Also, my house is clean, smoke-free and child-proofed!

I understand how important it is to leave your child with someone you trust and to know your child will be very well taken care of while you are away. I promise you that any and all children I am caring for will receive the best supervision, attention and devotion possible!

My life is centered around my family and the children for whom I provide care. Our house is filled with love, laughter and hugs because I believe each and every child needs a secure, loving, and nurturing environment in which to thrive and flourish!



Answer
I thought it was good, but I'd try to shorten it a little! It makes you sound very qualified! I like how you added things about your children!

What do I need to do in order to start my own in home day care?




Hyang


I've graduated from college with a diploma in child care services and Im interested in starting my own in home day care. What do I need to do to get it started?


Answer
I think that after you have received your application packet, which includes the licensing requirements you will be on your way. :-) The packet I received was pretty thorough :-). The licensing requirements give you the "foundation" of your program. It will tell you your space requirments, training requirements, what paperwork you MUST have (don't fall for those online "kits"...I purchased one and they are not benefitial unless you don't have a bit of common sense! The required forms are free from the state.

Things to consider: By no means do I mean to discourage you. I am enjoying my in home child care but there are some things people just don't think about :-) Cover your basis before you open and reap the benefits!
* Please consider yourself a professional and act accordingly with all aspects of your child care.
* Will this be taking place in a separate space of your home or will it be in you main living area. It effects your WHOLE family when it's in your main living area. It's doable...we are doing it...and my husband handles all the charts and art projects and calendar and all the items that go with it fine...but it's definately not his first choice of decor! You also have to be firm about them making sure they put their things away. Making sure they cover the outlets again. Not leaving drinks laying around, or cleaners or toilet lids up, closing doors, etc. :-) Most of it is common sense but if they aren't in the habit it can be very stressful!
* If you have children...they will be effected...no matter how easy-going they are!. I kind of laughed when they told me that the main reason why people are not successful with child care in their home is because of their children. I now say AMEN to that. My "problems" derive from my own children not those I care for. Just be aware and act accordingly.
* Consider whether you are going to do more than just babysitting. So many do only "babysitting" and it's so sad. These are their "learning years" and they are sponges! Think about your philosophy and what you would like to offer.
* Consider that the majority of the children that need care are infants and toddlers. Also, consider that when you have a mixed group...you can NOT leave out the smaller itemed toys because of the younger children so you'll need to think of how you are going to challenge the older children. I have a drawer in a separate bedroom with "special" items that they can bring out to the table but must put back away into the drawer.
* I have found that young children do not "play" for more than 45 minutes without problems arising :-) So we have a schedule. I'd be glad to share it with you if you are interested. Just email.
* Will you be licensed for 6 or for 12? This does make a difference...just something to consider.
* What type of outdoor equipment do you have or need. How is it set up? Do you need a fence around it? (Depends on where you live or if there is a body of water...all in your licensing requirements). How are you going to store it all? I see some people that leave all their outdoor toys out all the time and it's a disaster to look at and the children will not play with it. Better to have storage and rotate what items are out.
* Find a good tax preparer! You can claim quite a bit. Keep a "journal" of miles and time.

Oh, I could go on :-) If you have specific questions I'd be glad to answer them.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment